We are a voluntary organisation committed providing our services to the communities in Harrow and the surrounding Boroughs.
Our Objectives are:
- Advancing education in Tamil language, literature, music culture, history traditions and other subjects;
- Relieving poverty, sickness and distress through the provision of advice, information and other assistance;
- Providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for the education, recreation and leisure-time occupation of children and young people so as to assist them in growing to full maturity as individuals and as members of society; and
- Providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for the recreation and other leisure-time occupation of the whole community in the interests of social welfare and so that their conditions of life may be improved.
- To further charitable purposes, in particular for the relief of poverty, sickness and distress, elsewhere in the United Kingdom and overseas
- Provide day centre, meals on wheels and home visits for the old and infirm in the local community
We achieve these objectives by:
Our Education committee runs a School on Sundays where Tamil language and Tamil Fine Arts subjects are taught. Additionally, in order to improve chances in life for children who need extra assistance with subjects taught at their school, our school provides supplementary education. For adults (women and men) who want to improve employability or just improve their knowledge, English for speakers of other languages (ESOL), IT and Sewing are also taught.
Our Cultural committee and the Education committee presents several programmes annually, which showcases the Sunday school students’ and members’ as well as non members’ talents from the communities
The young people are coached in competitive sports (netball, football and cricket) and compete all year round with other organisations and clubs. The annual Sports Meet has events for everybody of all ages – the very young to the very old too
Youth & Fund Raising
The youth committee works to build a sense of community spirit and hosts events to raise money for needy charities.
The Senior Club
To enrich the lives of the senior people, events, lively debates and other enjoyable activities take place once a month.
Health advice and checks
At least three Health and Advice forums, and health checks are offered all members, students and parents of the Sunday school. To enhance health, fitness and to improve confidence, Yoga and Karate classes take place every Sunday during term times at the Sunday school